Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Evolution of a recipe

There is a pizza we've been making since before I knew how to cook. It is one of the few recipes my non-cooking J. has, and comes from her mother.

Originally it was: Sauté a red onion, add some minced garlic, a box of frozen chopped spinach, and cook until the moisture is gone. spread on a Boboli crust and top with crumbled gorgonzola and chopped walnuts.

Somewhere along the way we put some mozzarella on it. I'll confess that I prefer the grocery store block. It melts way better and doesn't release all the water that fresh mozzarella does.

J. wanted it for dinner on her birthday, so I went shopping. Our local grocery was out of Boboli, so I figured I'd just make a crust, as I had the time. Simple flour, water, yeast, salt, and a little olive oil. It came out great, and J. says we are never going back to the prepared crust. And what I'm most proud of is I made the crust dough without a recipe.

Let's see where this pizza goes next.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mikel said...

um, I'll be making this now. Gracias!

September 9, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home