Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ravioli

For my birthday, my MIL got me a pasta roller, which, besides making chocolate ribbons, can also actually make pasta. So I've been experimenting a bit. I like a stuffed pasta, and I love the process of making it. The first one I make was a plain pasta, stuffed with roasted red peppers and caremelized onions, and a pesto sauce. the second was spinach pasta.

Halfway through I had to cut it into thirds, as it was getting too long.
I made a simple filling; ricotta, parmesean, s&p.

The first time J. complained about there not being enough filling, so I used a larger scoop this time. After an eggwash painting I folded the entire sheets in half, and then cut them apart with a pizza cutter. For the sauce I had some tomato sauce in the freezer made from the farmer's market. If I remember right; tomatoes, onion, garlic, oregano, and thyme.

Sorry I don't have a finished product picture. We got to eating rather quickly, and it was delicious. Next stop: tortellini!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home